Red Lips.


By now most of us have put our corals and pinks to the back of our make up drawers and have been favouring those berry tones for Autumn/Winter. I know I have been wearing Mac's Rebel pretty much constantly this month and loving that plummy wine colour; however I have noticed a certain colour going unworn that I have so many beautiful variations of and I couldnt think of a reason as to why I have been neglecting it. 

Red is most definitely a bold statement and for those that are shy of bright make up, red lips can often be really intimidating. Personally I love a red lip and think it can really brighten up your complexion and even when you're not wearing much else it can give you a very polished look. 

L-R: Revlon 'Candy Apple'... Bourjois 'Red Island'...Mac 'True Loves Kiss'...L'Oreal 'Juliannes Red'... Rimmel 'Red Diva'
So I'll start off with the two most sheer and buildable shades in the collection, Revlon's Candy Apple and Bourjois' Red Island. Both of these shades start with a sheer wash of red which is great for anyone that  wants to try a red lip but doesn't want to go too full on straight away. These are also very moisturising and wear off evenly, I find Candy Apple to be more orange-red which I do prefer but Red Island is also really pretty. 

Now for the two lipsticks. Yes I know the Maleficent shade is LE but there are many mac reds that are just beautiful like Ruby Woo and Russian Red, I've included True Loves Kiss to represent the brand just as much as the actual shade as it is just a clean bright red that wouldn't be hard to dupe. Secondly my new absolute love! I fell for the L'Oreal Nudes collection when they came out and now the reds have just stolen my heart. The formula is incredible, the colour is beautiful and the packaging is sleek and compact which basically ticks all my boxes. 

Lastly is a liner, Rimmel's Red Diva is part of their Exaggerate range, it's a blue toned red but blends really nicely with any of the shades previously mentioned. It has a creamy formula and even with just this on my lips they dont feel dry or go patchy which is a huge plus for me! 

Let me know any of your favourite red shades below, I read and reply to everyone 

X

3 comments:

  1. My favorite red hands down is the Revlon balm stain in Romantic - it's a beautiful bright shade that I think would suit many different skin tones. These look lovely too though, especially the MAC one!

    x Sneha | www.snehakadaba.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that Revlon one but will definitely have a look! I love the Mac one im currently on the hunt for a good dupe! x

      Delete
  2. Love all these shades, they're beautiful!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete