2014 Favourites


Where has this year gone? I cant quite believe its time to write this post, but here we are days before we enter 2015 and start a whole new year! I decided that instead of doing a December favourites I would do a 2014 favourites, as there is quite a few things that I have really loved this year and think they are worth a mention. I have got a few beauty products first (obviously!) and then just a couple of random ones that I've just really enjoyed. 


First off I'll start with the base products that I have found this year and are now complete staples in my everyday routine. L'Oreal's True Match was blogger influenced by reading such amazing things and needing a cheaper alternative to my YSL bases I chose to give this a go and I LOVE it! The finish is so lovely and is buildable without going cakey, it doesn't move all day and the shade match is just amazing. Secondly I picked up The Time Balm Concealer by TheBalm, this is a high cover concealer in a pot and literally covers everything, I use this everyday even if I dont wear base. Finally I started using the Maybelline Eraser Eye in the clear and red packaging about 2 years ago and loved it, I had hear about the lightening one but it was impossible to find in the UK until earlier this year a guy who runs a make-up stall in a market near me had a full basket of them so I had to pick one up (or 3...) the finish of this is so beautiful, and gives a really awakened look under the eyes. 

L-R: Chic, Aurora, Exotic Island, Heart Skips a Beat, Misltoe Kisses, Enchanted Forest. 
Now this represents a whole brand, the Tanya Burr Cosmetics collection has to be my favourite releases of 2014; From the nail varnishes to lipglosses to eyelashes, I love them all. The lipglosses do have an edge for me though, as I'm not the biggest fan of the whole hair stuck to face effect I tend to give them a miss, but these are so lovely and feel really moisturising. My favourite shade is definitely Enchanted Forest, this over Mac's Rebel has been my most used lip combination in December. 


My last beauty favourite is this perfume from Next called Gold. I picked this up at the start of December just looking for one I can wear everyday and not worry about the price tag as this 75ml set was £14! 
Top Notes: Grapefruit, Mandarin
Heart: Ylang Ylang, Muguet
Base: Musk, Amber
As soon as I saw the notes of this perfume I had to give it a go it just sounded like a fragrance I would love, and I wasn't wrong. this goes to a really warm sweet scent on me without going down the candy scent route. The amber is probably the most prominent note on me and lasts for such a long time. I would recommend Next scents to anyone, their range is great and for such an affordable price. 


For my first non-beauty product I had to feature this Yankee Candle scent. Candy Cane Lane has to be my all time favourite candle scent ever! And that is saying alot, I have already burnt 2 of the Votive versions of this and have a back up plus these two jars (yes im obsessed) I just cant get enough of the sweet mint scent that it gives, really festive and also quite fresh. The best way for me to describe this is probably the smell of an After Eight chocolate, just that subtle mint wrapped in a real sweetness, just lovely. 


Finally is Ed Sheeran's album X, this album is always on repeat, no matter what mood I'm in I just find this so relaxing and uplifting. My favourite songs off the album would probably be, Thinking Out Loud, Tenerife Sea and Afire Love, all beautiful and just lovely songs. 

So thats it for my 2014 favourites, I have loved loads of things this year but didnt want to make this post so long to read you would be here till 2016! I hope you've had a great Christmas and have a fantastic New Year, let me know any of your 2014 favourites in the comments below, I read every one and reply to any questions. 

See you next year! 
X

1 comment:

  1. omg that candle, it's the best candle in the whole entire world! x

    rawrbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete