Max Factor Excess Shimmer: Copper


Even though many may think glitter and shimmer is something to be kept for the festive season or a night out, I really like to use the more subtle glitz for an everyday look and when these Excess Shimmers were released I had to give them a try. They are a cream based shadow that once applies feels more like a powder, its super pigmented and only takes one swipe across the eyes, so if you're looking for something quick and easy to put in your makeup routine this may be the shadow for you! 


There are some really pretty shades in the collection but when I swatched the shade Copper I had to pick it up. For me the name Copper is slightly decieving as it is more of a mauve but still a beautiful colour and would suit any skintone. I would really like them to bring out some more spring toned shades for the upcoming season as I think the metallic with shimmer just catches the light and is just enough if you want to give your everyday routine abit of sparkle without the maintenance. 

These retail for £7.99 but are nearly always on some sort of promotion, I got mine from Superdrug when they had £3 off selected lines so for about £5 I thought this was a complete bargain! I would highly recommend these and think they are a great addition to anyones makeup bag. 

Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of the Max Factor Excess Shimmers and what you thought about them. I read every comment and will reply to any questions! 

2 comments:

  1. oooh such a bargian! this is a gorgeous colour and would look fantastic on a night out! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/a-beautiful-spa-day-with-holland-and.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous and indeed such a bargain! :) x Frederique - fashion blogger

    ReplyDelete