Maleficent Mac.

My two obsessions in life, make-up and Disney! So when Mac launched this new range I had to get my hands on it. Based upon the new film release, Maleficent is make-up all based upon one of the most notorious Disney villains and now with Angelina Jolie's face behind it, who wouldn't want to try this look out? 


Although if I had endless money I could've quite happily bought the whole collection I settled on the lipstick and sculpting powder. The packaging for me is where the love begins, the shiny black with white/silver writing really suits the collection and definitely goes with the theme, I would've been that little bit happier if the powder had a mirror but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker. 


The sculpting powder is something that I have been looking for, for a long time and have tried and tested many bronzers and contouring sets and haven't really found anything that either doesn't contain sparkle, isn't orange or way too dark for my skin tone; so when I opened this one I was very happy! The colour is buildable and because of this it will suit most skin tones including porcelain without looking orange or too dark, its shade is a taupe rather than golden so really suits contouring and gives a natural yet flattering finish. 


The lipstick, oh the lipstick! I'm normally a pink/nude lipstick girl but when I saw this red I knew I needed it. When applied it comes out a raspberry red and has no blue or orange tones to it, it's a very 'pretty' red shade and looks great with black winged eyeliner. 

This is one of my all time favourite Mac collections and I am really happy with my purchase, the only downfall of course is by being limited edition, these colours wont be easy to find again, so i'll have to use them sparingly! 

Let me know if you've tried any of the Maleficent collection. 

1 comment:

  1. I really want to get that red shade! the packaging is so gorgeous. would love if you could check out my blog :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete