Topshop Glow Highlighter.


I've heard alot about the Topshop make-up range and have tried bits and pieces but nothing has ever really stood out to me however I had read quite a few reviews on the Glow Cream Highlighter in the shade Gleam and while in the store I figured I may aswell have a quick swatch to see what all the fuss is about. 

In the stores fantastic lighting (slight sarcasm there) it appeared to be a very pretty gold highlighter, nothing amazing but it was pretty and for the price of £9 I decided to try it out at home in better lighting to see if it looked abit more special there. 


On camera the swatch looks very yellow gold but in person it is more rose toned and doesnt need to be applied quite as heavy however I use it at this intensity on my eyes if I'm in a rush as it works really nicely as a cream shadow. On the cheeks it is an intense highlighter but looks really beautiful as long as its blended and your not too heavy handed, I love using it with a brown smokey eye and a nude lip. 

I'm really glad I decided to actually go ahead and buy this as it does look super pretty and is abit of a multi use if you use it on your eyes aswell. I now want to try the Velvet Lips from the Topshop range as I've heard really good things about those aswell. 

Let me know if you've tried the Topshop range and if so what you would recommend - please leave any comments below I read every one and will reply to any questions. 

5 comments:

  1. I have this (but in the bronze shade) and I really love the consistency of it! It leaves such a pretty sheen that's noticeable but not too garish. I love the shade Gleam too, I think I'd like to try it in the future. xx

    One Little Vice - UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this highlighter, I have it in Gleam and it's gorgeous for a night out! I'd never thought to use it as an eyeshadow though - great idea x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want this! I use the benefit high beam which is lighter so I think this is a good option for something a bit more gold toned - I do like the topshop lipsticks too :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really don't know how to use highlighter without looking I have glitter ALL OVER MY FACE. Such a shame because I have some really pretty highlighters... they're just sooooo glittery it's ridiculous.

    polished.tv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh I used to find that alot of them have alot of glitter, this one might be worth a try as its metallic instead of glittery and cause its a cream texture its easier to blend out and looks less intense x

      Delete