Christmas Gift Ideas: The Naked Palettes.


Now December is just around the corner and gift guides are continuously filling up the blogging feeds I decided to do a post on something that isn't exclusive at Christmas but is a very nice present for anyone. Urban Decay's Naked Palette range is one of my favourites and I have a space in my heart for all of them however I do of course have a favourite and one that I dont use all that much so today I'm going to just do a quick talk through of each palette so if you're are considering gifting one or even treating yourself hopefully this will help you decide which one is for you. 


So the original Naked Palette, my absolute all time favourite of the whole collection which definitely shows from the battered packaging! These 12 shadows are all warm toned and have two really great transition shades in Naked and Buck both of which are well loved in my particular palette. This one comes in suade effect packaging with a magnet shut which is different to the other two, I find this one to be lighter so also travel friendly. My favourite look with this palette is Virgin as my browbone shade, Naked in the crease, Buck in the outercorner, Sidecar all over the lid and finally Toasted on the bottom lashline. 


Now for the second edition and weirdly this was the first one I bought out of the three and is my least favourite. These are all cool toned shadows and although it contains some really beautiful shades I just dont reach for it very often, I find I use this more when I want to achieve a smokey eye. For my favourite look with this palette I use Bootycall on my brow bone then Suspect all over my lid, I put Snakebite in the outercorner and drag it across the crease then the add more depth I pack Busted right in the outercorner and on the bottom lashline. 


Finally I have the Naked 3 and this one I actually really like, I love purple eyes especially for a Christmas party and these 12 shadows all work together beautifully. I would probably buy this palette for someone who is a bit more confident with makeup as with the other two it is fairly easy to achieve a nice eye look with any combination whereas this may seem slightly scary to someone that keeps things natural. My go to look with these shades is Strange on the browbone, Limit in the crease, Nooner in the outer corner and the bottom lashline with Burnout all over the lid and Dust in the inner corner. 


I really love all of these palettes and think they are a great idea for a Christmas present if you're feeling generous this year! I hope you liked this post, please leave any comments below, I read every one and will reply to any questions! 

X

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I think any girl would be happy receiving one of these gorgeous palettes! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete