Makeup Revolution: On The Go Palette


So in 2014 Makeup Revolution became one of the most standout drugstore brands for me, it is super affordable and the quality of the products are just amazing. I'm a big fan of how they create dupes of much more expensive products so if you aren't sure on whether its worth splashing the cash you could try their version first and save some money. 

I saw the On The Go! palette online a couple of months ago and thought the general layout and colour scheme looked somewhat familiar but couldnt quite figure out where I had seen it before. It wasn't until I was on Sephora and saw the Tarte Rainforest After Dark palette that I realised how good this dupe was especially for me living in the UK as Tarte is quite difficult to get hold of. 


The set contains six eyeshadows, a blush, a bronzer and a highlighter. It is a warm toned palette and also has a pink flush to it that is something I tend to use alot. The formula of these shadows is super creamy and soft, and do remind me of Urban Decay's shadows, the pigmentation is really great and they blend beautifully! 


I haven't swatched the three face products as the highlighter was hard to get to show up on camera and the other two simply come off exactly how they look in the palette. The bronzer is one of my favourite parts of this set as it is a great contour shade and applies really nicely to the skin, it is buildable without going muddy so you can be as light handed or severe as you like! The blush is a simple pretty pink that pretty much goes with most make-up looks and just adds that nice hint of natural colour or again can be built up for more of a pop. Lastly of course is the highlighter, this was the one thing I honestly thought would let me down, I am super fussy when it comes to highlighters as I prefer sheen and metallic to glitter and usually the more affordable brands stick as much sparkle in there highlighters as possible however Revolution has shut me up yet again! This is the most natural, pretty subtle glow highlighter I have ever found, it just adds that healthy look to your skin without adding too much of anything, super pretty!

I'm completely loving this palette as for only £4 you get so much value for your money, I would recommend this for any of the products individually all of them are worth the £4 on their own so even if you only want to give it a go for just the bronzer its well worth a try! 
Let me know if you have any favourites from the Revolution range, I read all the comments and will reply to any questions. 

X

1 comment:

  1. $5?!?!?!?! That is amazing and those swatches look great! I need a trip to the UK just for this.

    ReplyDelete